The Ironton Castings Company purchased the Foster Stove and Repair Company’s Plant Number 2. Located at 1st and Mulberry, the casting company employed fifty to sixty people. The company opened its doors on January 16, 1950. W. W. Weber of Lancaster, Ohio was the owner.
The company produced gray iron and alloyed castings of light and medium weight. During its peak years, the company could produce 75,000 pounds of castings per week.