Carlyle Tile & Brick Co.

Built by Carlyle Labold, the Carlyle Tile Company produced its first brick on May 5, 1925. In 1929, a trestle was built over Pike Street in Coal Grove from the brick plant to the N&W tracks. The trestle was used until 1960.
The plant was surrounded by abundant resources. Clay was mined from the surrounding hill. Donkeys were used to transport the clay to the plant.
Carlyle Tile received a war time Eagle Service Award on September 5, 1943 for production of war materials.
When Ironton celebrated its centennial, Carlyle Tile produced souvenirs. The souvenir featured the official centennial seal of the city of Ironton.
Eventually, Carlyle Tile Company was sold to Mosaic Tile Company.